Tips for Marketing on FaceBook
It’s important to remember that Facebook users are there to socialize and check up on what’s going on in the world. It’s a modern day personalized newspaper! Therefore it’s important that your marketing strategy reflects this.
1. Since people are on Facebook to socialize these people are not in the best mindset to try and generate direct sales. Often it might be better to send your Facebook traffic to a social or news article related to your niche. This helps to spread your brand around and once they are on your site they may sign up to your email list, click affiliate links or click on your Adsense ads. But remember that not only are people more likely to go from Facebook to a short news article, they are also more likely to share that link rather than a link to your product. Market to their current mindset.
2. Another crucial part of your strategy is your use of imagery. A large amount of Facebook users are browsing from their mobiles so make sure that your photos are sized appropriately. The images you use should convey the message that you want and should also be relevant to your audience. So if you’re advertising a video games console you’ll probably want to use a photo of a teenager or young adult, rather than an older man. This may seem obvious but you should look deeper into your audience and use images which are more relevant to them.
3. Most Facebook users will have a couple hundred friends, like a few dozen pages and be a member of a handful of groups. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that their newsfeeds are packed with a load of content from different sources. This is one of the main reasons why people say that each post you create will only reach an estimated 1% of your audience, because they have so much other content to consume. This makes it even more important to time your marketing effectively. Test out a few different posting schedules and see which perform best. Often it can be good to post first thing in the morning around 7am, just before people eat lunch and late in the evening. These are times when people are actively on Facebook and constantly refreshing for new content.
So you’ve gone through the effort of creating a Facebook page, designing the graphics and now you want to try and drive some traffic to your page. Here are three important methods that you can use to market your FB page.
1) Facebooks’ inbuilt advertisement system. If you’ve already created your Facebook page then I’m sure you will have seen a section that encourages you to advertise with them. Whilst this method will cost you, it is also one of the best ways in which you can drive targeted traffic to your page and build up a fan base. By advertising on FB you can ensure that they are already Facebook users, thus not wasting your time and money on those who won’t be interested.
2) Another popular method that most large Facebook pages use is image and video sharing. This basic idea of this is simple, but your imagination and ingenuity is what can make this tactic epic! By posting videos and images on your Facebook page that your audience is likely to enjoy, you increase the chance of them sharing that content with their friends. What this does is to put your Facebook page in the newsfeed of a whole bunch of new people, who may potentially be interested in your page or website. Take a look at some of the larger pages in your niche and you are likely to see many of your competitors already using this tactic. Analyze what content has performed well for them and try and replicate their success. Funny videos and animal posts generally receive a large amount of likes and shares, whereas controversial content is often best avoided.
3) My third tip is to network within your niche and use your contacts to boost your popularity. This doesn’t mean that you have to network with other Facebook pages; it could mean other websites outside of Facebook. If you can manage to get your content syndicated on their website, or maybe you can do a guest post, then you’ll be able to expand your audience. The best thing about this is that if they are reading your content on another website in the niche then you already know that they are interested in your page. All you need to do is get your Facebook page in front of them and convince them to click the like button!
These tips should help to push you in the right direction but the most important thing you can do is to test and try and understand your audience. Every niche is different and you’ll need to find out what works best in your niche.