1) Social Bookmark Links – Improve sharing by incorporating social bookmark links to your most important web pages and/or blog posts.
2) Social Profiles – Build buzz that leads up to the holidays by using your social profiles. People often only start as holidays are happening. Start early and build up the buzz to the holidays in your social profiles.
3) Good Content – People want to share compelling, inspiring, educational and valuable content. Produce great content which are interesting and it will automatically be shared virally online.
4) Writing Blog Content – Content is crucial to kickstart a successful social media campaign. Write blog content that is catered for your target audience and what your community wants to know about.
5) Branding – Use social media to enhance your branding. Design a seasonal branded image to match across all social networks and the company site.
6) Be consistent – Update your content regularly and consistently. People tend to keep coming back to a site if they know that the site is frequently updated with new content.
7) Craft Compelling Headlines – When promoting your content on social media networks, craft headlines that interest people such that they want to read the rest of your article.
8) Evaluation and Measurement – Track and measure social media ROI by analyzing how it performs compared to more established channels or advertising methods. Compare the quality of traffic they drive to your website and the conversion rates.
9) Metadata and Tagging – Metadata is data which is a description of the characteristics of a piece of information. Tags can be terms or keywords that are assigned to particular resource. Tagging and incorporating other metadata can help improve searching and measure the spread of information.
10) Popular Lists – ‘List’ posts tend to get passed around online very quickly. An example will be the “Top 50 ways to make money online”.